Banana is a RainWing guard who was briefly mentioned in Winter Turning when Queen Glory mistook Heliconia for Banana. It is unknown whether Glory had mistaken Heliconia for an actual RainWing or if it was just another name she made up at the time. It is unlikely that she was simply offering Winter a banana, for obvious reasons.
Glory stopped and tilted her head at the branches. "Banana?"
Winter frowned. "No, thank you."
But as he spoke, he noticed a shimmering in the air around the branch, and then all at once there was a dragon sitting there in a rather hideous shade of pink that Winter had never seen before.
"Actually, it's Heliconia, your majesty," said the RainWing. "But good guess."
(This is an excerpt from the book.)
- A banana is a long curved fruit that grows in clusters and has soft flesh and most commonly has yellow skin when ripe. There are more than 1000 varieties of bananas, which are separated into 50 groups. Bananas can be green, yellow, red, brown or purple when ripe.
- Banana's do not grow on trees, they grow on tree-like perennial herbs (such as a lily or orchid)
- Banana never makes a formal appearance in the book, being only mentioned.
- Banana may be one of Queen Glory's top secret invisible guards, perhaps confused with Heliconia.
- It is unknown if Banana even exists.