| Spoiler Alert!|
This article contains plot details about the upcoming book, The Lost Continent. It would be best if you did not view this page until after reading the new installment.
The Lost Continent is the eleventh book in the Wings of Fire series and the beginning of the third arc. Amazon's current release date is June 26th, 2018. The prologue will be set 2,000 years ago, at Clearsight's arrival at the Lost Continent, and was revealed (through the Scholastic forums) to be through Clearsight's point of view. After that, the book takes place around the time of Darkness of Dragons, from the point of view of a Pantalan dragon. It has also been confirmed that the main point of view of the book will be a resident of the Lost Continent and that it will take place there. This was confirmed by Tui T. Sutherland at the Darkness of Dragons launch party. On the Scholastic Forums, Tui revealed that the dragon on the cover is from a new tribe called the SilkWings, and that there are three new tribes in all, with one of them claimed to have been extinct.
"For centuries there have been rumors of another continent on the dragons' planet -- another land far across the ocean, populated by tribes of dragons very different from those we know. But there's never been any evidence, and most dragons dismissed the rumors as fairy tales. Until now.
Because it turns out the stories are true.
And the other tribes are coming." - Amazon
- Pantala is a genus of dragonfly, much like Pyrrhia is a genus of moth.
- Pantala was revealed during the Darkness of Dragons launch party.
- The book will be centered around a prophecy, but Tui hasn't thought of it yet.
- New characters from the Pyrrhian tribes will appear in the third arc.
- Tui says she has not yet chosen a name for the protagonist.
- Moon and Qibli will be involved in the third arc.
- Tui said we would take a break from animus magic in the third arc since it was becoming too overwhelming in the plot.
- The cover was discovered on December 25th, 2017.
- This is the third book in which the title is above the protagonist, the others being The Dragonet Prophecy and Moon Rising, which are also the first books of an arc.
- In her Q&A with Mike Holmes, Tui stated that "there will be three new tribes (more or less)."
- In her Q&A with Mike Holmes, Tui stated that the dragon on the cover is a "SilkWing" dragon (evidence found here).
- In a podcast she did with the New York Times (found here) she stated that there will be three new tribes, two of which the main characters encounter and the third is believed to be extinct.
- The colors of the SilkWing on the cover were changed from shades of green to purple. It is unknown whether Silkwings have varying colors (purple and green) or if they are canonically purple.
- Recently there was a reading of the prologue which confirmed that SilkWings can be gold and one of the other tribes can be green.
- When Clearsight arrived on the Lost Continent, the dragons there spoke a different language and very limited 'dragon'. Tui stated that in current-time, they speak 'dragon', with limited knowledge of the old language.
- ↑ http://wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/309721?page=3
- ↑ http://wingsoffire.scholastic.com/forums/topics/290060
|Wings of Fire books|
|First Arc||The Dragonet Prophecy • The Lost Heir • The Hidden Kingdom • The Dark Secret • The Brightest Night|
|Second Arc||Moon Rising • Winter Turning • Escaping Peril • Talons of Power • Darkness of Dragons|
|Third Arc||The Lost Continent • Book 12 • Book 13 • Book 14 • Book 15|
|Winglets||Prisoners • Assassin • Deserter • Runaway|
|Graphic Novels||The Dragonet Prophecy|