Bromeliad is one of the many RainWings featured in The Hidden Kingdom and Winter Turning. She was Kinkajou's venom shooting trainer but dislikes the dragonet intensely. She believes that she is a terrible student and a noisy nuisance. When she first appeared in The Hidden Kingdom, she was described as having dark burgundy, pinkish-red scales and scarlet flickers in her ruff.
Bromeliad reported Kinkajou missing after losing her during a practice session of venom targeting. She complained to Queen Magnificent that it wasn't her fault that the RainWing dragonet had run off and asked for her job back. Magnificent allowed Bromeliad to be cleared of charges. Later, Bromeliad claimed that Kinkajou was telling lies about being a NightWing prisoner. She has shown to be very harsh, grumpy, and not very tolerant towards Kinkajou's knack for being talkative, thinking she is extremely annoying.
Bromeliad appears as a guard when the Jade Winglet visits the rainforest. She scolds Kinkajou for running off from school, and later returns to the RainWing village to report to Queen Glory of their appearance, and seems to be as moody as ever.
“You were supposed to stay at that school the queen sent you to!” -To Kinkajou
"What are you doing here? You were supposed to stay at that school the queen sent you to! I told her you were a terrible student and would definitely fail or run off, but would she listen? Mysteriously not! And now here you are, so I suppose I was right." - Bromeliad, after finding Kinkajou and her friends Moon, Qibli, and Winter in the Rainforest
"She'll show up eventually." -To Glory about Kinkajou being missing
Bromeliad seems to usually be angry and short-tempered, unlike most RainWings. She takes her students into a hidden part of the Rainforest so no one would be able to hear her yelling at them when she get frustrated. Bromeliad seems to dislike teaching or interacting with small dragonets, especially Kinkajou.
- Kinkajou had quoted to Glory when she doubted her skills of venom targeting that "It's because Bromeliad is a slow old baboon."
- A bromeliad is a type of flower with spiked petals that grows in the jungle and collects water in its leaves. Its flower can be red, orange, yellow, or pink, and grows in tropical or sub-tropical climates.
- Bromeliad doesn't like Kinkajou, though it is unknown if it's her dislike of Kinkajou specifically or a general hatred of dragonets.
- Despite being a RainWing, Bromeliad has the personality and temperament of a NightWing.
- Bromeliad seems the stereotypical RainWing.