Coconut is a slow-witted male RainWing dragonet featured in The Hidden Kingdom and Moon Rising. He was a gliding partner and friend of Kinkajou the year before Glory came to the Rainforest Kingdom; now, however, Kinkajou doesn't really consider him a friend anymore, because he didn't seem to notice, or even care, when she was kidnapped by the NightWings. He is also a student attending Jade Mountain Academy in the Copper Winglet, which includes Marsh, Alba, Mindreader, Peregrine, Snail, and Pronghorn. Ironically, according to Kinkajou, he doesn't even like coconuts, even though they're his namesake. He had emerald green scales in The Hidden Kingdom and lavender blue scales in Moon Rising, and was also noted to have sleepy eyes.
Coconut appears when Kinkajou and Glory return from the prisons in the Night Kingdom. The duo fly up to the dragon with Kinkajou, who is excited to be back, and Coconut is surprised to see the young RainWing. He didn't seem to have known or to have particularly cared that Kinkajou had been missing for several weeks. Glory ordered him to gather the RainWings for a meeting, and he did so, flying away, confused.
Later, Glory spotted him in a crowd of very few RainWings, and he shrugged at her, showing that those were all he could gather.
In Moon Rising, Coconut has a few very small appearances, mostly near the fruit in the dining cave, one of the times being when Kinkajou shows Moonwatcher around the school. Moonwatcher finds she can latch on his thoughts as a place of calm, but thinks she would go insane if she had to listen to them all day. When Kinkajou was talking to him he paid very little attention to her and was more interested in the fruit he was eating. He was also later shown resting in a patch of sunlight, along with Boto and Siamang.
Coconut is shown in the prey center near Marsh and Clay. Clay mentions that they made a good choice in making the two clawmates as they became best friends.
Coconut is shown to be absent-minded, shallow, lazy, forgetful, sleepy, and much less intelligent than his friend (or "former friend", according to her), Kinkajou. He appears to be to be at least a little obsessed with fruit. He is called, "a sloth masquerading as a dragon" by Qibli and "boring" by Moonwatcher.
- Despite his name, as of Moon Rising, he is shown to dislike coconuts, which is ironic.
- In Winter Turning, Moon compares Coconut's mind to Pyrite's, saying it wasn't "much deeper".
- Coconut's unintelligence is proven when Kinkajou tells him he's not smart, and he doesn't react whatsoever.
- Coconut demonstrates the personality RainWings are thought to have by all the other tribes. (Lazy, forgetful, sleepy, etc.)
- Due to his sleepiness, he rarely shows any emotion.
- He is one of the four characters whose name is ironic, the others being Quickdeath, Quickstrike, and Chameleon.