Three dreamvisitors were created by an animus dragon named Darkstalker thousands of years before the events of the series for him, his friend Fathom and his beloved Clearsight for Clearsight's hatching day present. Although they were all thought to be lost, Ex-Queen Scarlet was able to use one while in Burn's stronghold. Starflight found one in the Night Kingdom, but it was stolen shortly after he contacted one of his friends. The last was also stolen from the SandWing treasury by scavengers, though it was later recovered by Sunny when two scavengers nicknamed Holler and Fluffy gave Sunny the dreamvisitor.
Queen Scarlet used one to enter Glory's dreams before she was supposed to become queen and told her to come free her from Burn's stronghold. It is possible she found it on the stuffed NightWing she tore up, which may have been Farsight.
Starflight found one on a corpse, in the old NightWing treasure room, and used it to probe the dreams of Kinkajou, Sunny, Clay, Tsunami and Glory. However, it was later taken from Starflight's hiding spot by Flame, confirmed in Talons of Power.
The third dreamvisitor was used by a scavenger to enter Sunny's dream, which she named Holler. She later tracked down the scavenger and forced her to hand over the item. With it, Sunny convinced Queen Moorhen and Blaze to attend the meeting in Burn's stronghold. It is currently still in Sunny's possession.
Moonwatcher researched information about Darkstalker in a scroll about animus-touched objects. Moon discovered that Darkstalker made three of them to communicate with his former friend Fathom and his partner, Clearsight. Starflight also told her that the one Sunny found was used by all the dragonets of destiny.
The dreamvisitors were created as a gift for Fathom and Clearsight by Darkstalker, for Clearsight's birthday. Darkstalker presented them to his friends at a small party they were having for Clearsight, even though Fathom was reluctant to take his. It is unknown if they ever actually used them, except for when Darkstalker tried to contact his mother, Foeslayer.
Darkstalker revealed that Flame was the one that had stolen the second dreamvisitor from Starflight, and took it from him.
Powers and UsageEdit
As their name suggests, dreamvisitors allow dragons to enter other dragons' dreams. However, the other dragon must be asleep, and if the other dragon wakes up, the user will be ejected from their dream.
The deeper the sleep the dragon is in, the better the enchantment works. If a dragon is in a shallow sleep, the user will only see the dream. If the dragon is in a deep, calm sleep, the user can talk to the dreamer.
Dragons using dreamvisitors are incorporeal while in the dream and will not be able to touch, hold, or harm any other objects. For example, while using a dreamvisitor Scarlet breathed fire on Glory, who didn't feel anything.
The dreamvisitors are used by placing the dreamvisitor to your head and thinking of the dragon (or scavenger) to want to visit. The user must have seen the dragon before for it to work. The dreamer must also be asleep.
When in a dream, the user can put the dreamvisitor to another dragon's forehead to feel their experience in a dream. Starflight tried this with Kinkajou and felt her pain and feelings while doing this.
- The first dreamvisitor was owned by Queen Scarlet, and before her death, she still had it, as shown in The Hidden Kingdom and the epilogue of Moon Rising. Ever since her death in "Escaping Peril", it is uncertain what had happened to it, leaving only two of three dreamvisitors accounted for.
- The second dreamvisitor was found in the talons of a dead Nightwing by Starflight in The Dark Secret. The dreamvisitor was stolen and, as of Talons of Power, it has been confirmed that Flame was the thief, with the help of Ochre.
- The third was found by Sunny, when she encountered two scavengers in The Brightest Night.
- Though in The Dark Secret Starflight thought the dreamvisitors were created by a SandWing, it was confirmed in Moon Rising and later in Darkstalker (Legends) that Darkstalker created them instead.
- It is most likely that the dreamvisitors ended up being stolen by the SandWings after the NightWings fled.