Heliconia is one of the RainWings in Queen Glory's secret, invisible guard, which is in place to quietly follow the queen and protect her from potential assassination attempts. In Winter Turning, Glory mistook her for Banana. Heliconia politely states that it was a good guess.
Glory mistook Heliconia for Banana while Heliconia was following her. She is then assigned to alerting the scout captains of the Queen to meet her at the pavilion as quickly as possible, though Heliconia doesn't want to leave her unguarded. It can be noted that she is very protective and polite towards Queen Glory.
Later, Heliconia wanted to refuse Winter entry to the hatchery, saying he looked too 'hostile', because Winter at that time wanted to establish IceWing superiority on a small scale.
- When Glory was calling to Heliconia, she accidentally called her "Banana", giving Winter the idea that she was offering him a banana.
- A heliconia is a large-leaved tropical American plant that bears spectacular flowers with brightly colored bracts. It grows normally in the South Eastern US.
- Heliconia looks as if she holds a lot of respect for Queen Glory as she doesn't seem to be angry when she was mistaken for Banana.
- Heliconia also may have a lot of patience for the new queen.
- Heliconia is supposed to be one of the RainWings that guards the dragon wingery.
- She appears to be suspicious of dragons who look hostile, such as Winter.
|Queens|| Present: Queen Glory • Ex-Queen Dazzling • Ex-Queen Exquisite • Ex-Queen Fruit Bat • Ex-Queen Grandeur • Ex-Queen Magnificent • Ex-Queen Splendor|
Historical: Queen Anaconda
|Jade Mountain||Kinkajou • Tamarin • Coconut • Boto • Siamang|
|Other Dragons||Banana • Bright • Bromeliad • Bullfrog • Chameleon • Gibbon • Handsome • Heliconia • Liana • Loris • Mango • Mangrove • Orangutan • Orchid • Tapir • Tualang|
|Kingdom||Arboretum • Queen Glory's Pavilion|
|Society||The RainWing Royal Challenge|