The IceWing plague was a disease enchanted by King Darkstalker to kill them out of revenge. Evidently, a great deal of the IceWing tribe or possibly all of it except for Winter. Alba, Changbai, and Ermine had also contracted it.
This disease was brought into existence by King Darkstalker, and was revealed at the epilogue of Talons of Power. Every IceWing in Possibility was confirmed to have the sickness, as well as possibly every IceWing in the IceWing Kingdom. Typhoon mentioned that it did not spread like a normal disease. Only pure IceWings caught it, as Darkstalker didn't want to get himself sick (Darkstalker is a hybrid, more specifically an IceWing-NightWing hybrid).
Confirmed symptoms are coughing and fevers. Eventually, as soon as three days or sometimes less, death can occur, which is very common.
In the book Darkness of Dragons, Qibli sent his enchanted earrings to the IceWings, and every IceWing in the tribe apparently got the earrings, though not before twenty dragons had died, including Queen Glacier, making Snowfall the new queen, who ascended peacefully.
These earrings cured all the IceWings of the plague because they made the wearer immune to Darkstalker's spells, and the plague was a Darkstalker spell.
Dragons Confirmed Sick or Deceased Edit
- Queen Glacier (deceased)
- Princess Tundra (bedridden)
- Prince Hailstorm (weakened)
- A messenger who talked to Hailstorm (weakened)
- Typhoon's father (weakened)
- Multiple IceWings in Possibility. (weakened)
- Only full IceWings can catch the plague. Hybrids cannot catch it because Darkstalker, being an IceWing hybrid, knew that he would catch it if he allowed hybrids to catch the sickness as well.
- King Darkstalker made the plague due to his hatred of IceWings, because of what they did to Foeslayer, his mother, 2,000 years ago.
- It may or may not be a coincidence that this occurred close to the same time as the events in other tribes mentioned in the epilogue.