Peacemaker is a young male NightWing-RainWing hybrid. He used to be Darkstalker, but Kinkajou used a scrap of his own enchanted scroll, placed into a strawberry he ate, that removed all of his former memories, identity, and appearance, in order for him to have a chance to start over and have a simple, ordinary life.
Peacemaker is a small RainWing/NightWing hybrid dragonet. He looks almost completely like a NightWing, except for the scales under his wings. Instead of silver scales that look like the night sky, he has a collection of various colors against the black. They were described to appear as a constellation made out of parrots and chameleons.
From the little knowledge we have of him, Peacemaker seems to be a lively, playful dragonet, similar to Cliff. Kinkajou specifically enchanted him to love strawberries obsessively, and it was shown in one of Moon's visions that his favor of the fruits led into a hobby that involves making strawberry pies. As shown in Darkness of Dragons, Peacemaker has mostly adapted to the sleep schedule of the average RainWing. He likes to weave, fish, and sing, and he enjoys making mud pies, as that was another aspect of Kinkajou's enchantment. Tui T. Sutherland has also confirmed in a recent blog post that Darkstalker is never returning, and that Peacemaker will never discover who he used to be.
Peacemaker used to be the legendary King Darkstalker before a strawberry, enchanted by Kinkajou using scraps of Darkstalker's scroll, transformed him into his present self: a one-year-old dragonet with no memory or similarity to his past self. Peacemaker makes his first appearance shortly before the end of Darkness of Dragons. Later in the epilogue, he is seen in the rainforest with his mother, Hope, (formerly Foeslayer). He is excited to see Moon, singing to her and making mud pies. Peacemaker showed no resemblance or sign of his past self, which made Moon both a little sad an enormously relieved. The Jade Winglet (excluding Winter), Queen Glory, and Hope are the only current dragons who know about Peacemaker's secret, and they intend to keep it that way. He will probably (based on Moon's visions) turn out to be entirely ordinary, other than writing a song called "Strawberries as Big as a Scavenger's Head," which will become the official song of the RainWing's Annual Strawberry Festival. Moon's vision also included his wife, a NightWing blacksmith, and their dragonets.
"Made you a pie! Yum yum yum yum." - To Moon in Darkness of Dragons
"AHA! Have an idea! Super good one! Going to take a NAP! Like a RAINWING! YAY!" - To Moon in Darkness of Dragons
"Moon! Moon moon moon moooon pies." - To Moon in Darkness of Dragons
"Sleepy. Mommy made me get up SO EARLY." - To Moon in Darkness of Dragons
"Hungry!" - Peacemaker's first word in Darkness of Dragons
Peacemaker seems to be very fond of Moonwatcher. This is probably caused by her frequent visits and being mutually kind to one another, but there is speculation that Peacemaker also likes her because of a lingering bit of Darkstalker in him.
As Foeslayer was mother to Darkstalker in his past life, she now looks after Peacemaker as Hope. Naturally, the two have a strong bond, and Peacemaker seems to amuse Hope quite often, given his silly and sweet personality.
- Peacemaker is the fifth confirmed hybrid in the Wings of Fire series.
- Near the end of Darkness of Dragons, Hope (Foeslayer at that moment) had stated that maybe Darkstalker's fate would have been different if she'd chosen a name like Peacemaker from the beginning.
- Perhaps in spite of Darkstalker, Kinkajou seemed to create his personality into the exact opposite of his former self.
- Peacemaker is the first RainWing hybrid in Wings of Fire, excluding Firefly, who was seen in one of Moonwatcher's visions.
- It is unknown if Kinkajou gave Peacemaker any NightWing or RainWing natural abilities, or perhaps a combination of the two.
- Peacemaker will most likely marry the tribe blacksmith, have dragonets with her, and die peacefully in his sleep, according to Moonwatcher's vision.
- Tui recently confirmed Peacemaker is Peacemaker forever (meaning Darkstalker isn't coming back)