| Spoiler Alert!|
This article contains plot details about the recently released book, Darkness of Dragons. It would be best if you did not view this page until after reading the new installment.
Peacemaker is a small RainWing/NightWing hybrid. He looks almost completely like a NightWing, except for a rainbow of colorful scales on the underside of his wings in place of the NightWing silver star scales.
Peacemaker seems to be a lively, playful dragonet, similar to Cliff. Kinkajou specifically enchanted him to love strawberries obsessively. As shown in Darkness of Dragons, Peacemaker often sleeps like a RainWing. He likes to weave, fish, and sing, and he enjoys making pies, as that was another aspect of Kinkajou's enchantment. It is unknown if he will find out who he really was.
Peacemaker used to be the legendary King Darkstalker before a strawberry, enchanted by Kinkajou using scraps of Darkstalker's scroll, transformed him into a one-year-old dragonet with no memory of who he was. He is first seen briefly before the end of Darkness of Dragons after being turned into Peacemaker. Later in the epilogue, he is seen in the rainforest with his mother, Hope, (formerly Foeslayer). He is excited to see Moon, says that he had to get up "sooooooo early" at noon, and happily makes mud pies. He shows no sign of Darkstalker in him and seems to be the complete opposite of Darkstalker. He will probably (based on Moon's visions) turn out to be entirely ordinary, write a song called "Strawberries as Big as a Scavenger's Head," which will become the official song of the strawberry festival, which could be something RainWings celebrate. It is also very possible he will marry the blacksmith, as seen in Moonwatcher's vision. In summary, Peacemaker is a kind, playful dragonet that loves mud pies, is obsessed with strawberries, and loves singing.
"Made you a pie! Yum yum yum yum." - To Moon in Darkness of Dragons
"AHA! Have an idea! Super good one! Going to take a NAP! Like a RAINWING! YAY!" - To Moon in Darkness of Dragons
"Moon! Moon moon moon moooon pies." - To Moon in Darkness of Dragons
"Sleepy. Mommy made me get up SO EARLY." - To Moon, in response to how he is feeling in Darkness of Dragons
"Hungry!" - Peacemaker's first word in Darkness of Dragons
Peacemaker seems to like Moon a lot. That was probably because Moon checked on him and is one of the only dragons that knows who he actually is. It might have also been in Kinkajou's enchantment, and it also could have been that parts of King Darkstalker are still in him.
Hope is Peacemaker's loving mother. Hope is Foeslayer's new name as suggested by Qibli near the end of Darkness of Dragons.
- Peacemaker is the fifth confirmed hybrid in the Wings of Fire series.
- Foeslayer/Hope jokes in the DoD epilogue that maybe Darkstalker could have been different if he was named Peacemaker. Whether this is true or not is unknown.
- Peacemaker appears to have been enchanted to be the direct opposite of Darkstalker.
- Peacemaker is the first RainWing hybrid in Wings of Fire- omitting Firefly, who was seen in a vision.
- It is unknown if Kinkajou gave Peacemaker any NightWing or RainWing natural abilities, but when Darkstalker asked if he could keep his powers while he was transforming, they said no, so he probably doesn't.
- Peacemaker will most likely marry the tribe blacksmith, have dragonets with them, and die peacefully in his sleep, like in Moon's vision.