Penguin was an animus IceWing who created the gift of diplomacy, a heated dome near the border of the Ice Kingdom. He may have also created three bracelets meant to get non-IceWings (NightWings, in the case of the book) over the wall and to keep them warm in the freezing temperatures, although this is not proven. He did not enchant the dome to build itself like Albatross did to create the SeaWing palace. Instead, as the dome was carved by other IceWings. He simply enchanted the dome to provide extra heat so that their guests from other tribes wouldn't feel uncomfortable in the cold, or contract frostbite. However, he did not enchant the dome to be heat resistant, as shown by Arctic when he considers enchanting the dome to be protected from fire-breathing tribes.
- Penguins are flightless birds that live in Antarctica, Africa, and Australia that are able to swim. There are 17 penguin species in the world.
- Penguin is also the name that Jambu used when he and Glory infiltrated Blaze's stronghold, although likely, it was not based off of the animus.
- Arctic was considering improving the dome to be protected from fire, but he later said he wanted something that would be remembered long after he was gone. He wanted to make a very useful and important animus gift, like Princess Frostbite's Gift of Light.
- It is unknown what has become of the Gift of Diplomacy, as modern IceWings are very isolated from other tribes.
- It is unknown how long ago the Gift of Diplomacy was enchanted.