| Spoiler Alert!|
This article contains plot details about the recently released book, Darkness of Dragons. It would be best if you did not view this page until after reading the new installment.
Peregrine is a male SkyWing dragonet attending the Copper Winglet at Jade Mountain Academy. Pronghorn is his clawmate. It is revealed in Darkness of Dragons that he is deaf in one ear, which was caused by an explosion near his home during the war. Since that event, he has wanted to become a doctor. He is said to have a very "positive and helpful" energy.
Peregrine is one of the known dragonets, along with Tamarin, who asked for a Herbs and Healing class. Qibli thought Peregrine would like to learn about healing so that he could help Queen Ruby with her hospital.
- The peregrine falcon is the fastest animal in the world. It can reach speeds of up to 389 kilometers per hour (242 miles per hour) while diving.
- The name itself also summarizes the speed of a SkyWing compared to all the other currently known tribes.
- Peregrine is the first known deaf dragon.
- However, his deafness was not natural, and only affects one ear.
- It is unknown which ear has deafness.