Prince Albatross was a male animus SeaWing prince who lived around two thousand years ago. He was the first known Seawing animus dragon. He was part of the SeaWing Royal Family and was killed after over-using his animus abilities and ultimately going insane. He slaughtered nine dragons using a knife, including his sister, Queen Lagoon, her husband, King Humpback, their daughter, Princess Splash, Prince Fathom's parents, Reef, Manta, Scallop, Eel, Princess Sunset of the SkyWings, and an unnamed musician before he was killed when Prince Fathom ordered a rack of narwhal-horn spears to attack him. Indigo was given credit for his death. This event was known as The Royal SeaWing Massacre. Before he went insane, Fathom described him as a fun, jovial dragon, who played tricks on his students.
He was described to look rather like a seagull, with blueish-grey scales that looked almost white in some places, blue eyes so dark they were nearly black, and long, powerful majestic wings. His eyes were described as hooded before he started turn insane. Albatross was in the same hatching as his sister, Queen Lagoon, but is nearly a neck taller. He has a long, hooked snout and a warm, fish-smelling laugh.
Albatross used his animus powers to start the creation of the Summer Palace.
Albatross is shown, rather reluctantly, testing a group of SeaWing dragonets to see if any of them are animus dragons. While talking to Queen Lagoon, he is hit in the chest by Fathom's coconut. He externally seems rather pleased, but strangles a distant seagull with a vine while congratulating him. Later, he is shown taking Fathom to the soon to be built Summer Palace. Fathom is the ine who suggested to create a canopy to hide the palace from potential enemies who may fly overhead. He reveals that he learned of his animus powers when Sapphire and Lagoon, his two older sisters, were teasing him, saying he swam like a feeble duck. Sapphire took his clam shell that he was playing with, and he accidentally enchanted it, telling it to "Bite her! Bite all her claws off!" without thought. In doing so, Sapphire never could become queen and turned insane (much like her brother) and was secluded on an island far from the Sea Kingdom, with well-paid servants tending to her. Fathom had suggested to enchant plants so no one could see the Summer Palace. Indigo revealed she was watching over Fathom, and Albatross then told them both to go back to class. Later, in the welcoming party for two SkyWings, he arrived late, and Queen Lagoon argued with him for being late. He enchanted a knife to slit her throat, killing her. Chaos ensued as he attacked the SkyWings. As Fathom ran away, he saw Albatross kill Princess Splash. Later, Albatross found Fathom and Indigo behind the boats. When he revealed their hiding place, Indigo attacked him, giving time for Fathom to enchant spears to kill Albatross.
Anemone made references to Albatross several times, saying that she didn't wish to use her animus powers and go insane like him. Unfortunately, Albatross's hard work may have been in vain, considering the Summer Palace was destroyed during the end of this book, though it was well hidden and had stayed that way prior to its destruction.
Albatross is mentioned in the scroll that Moon reads to find out about Dreamvisitors. The scroll describes The Royal SeaWing Massacre, and how his insanity influenced Queen Pearl to ban the use of all animus magic in the Sea Kingdom.
After Turtle uses his animus power to take the scroll from Shapeshifter, Moon mentions Albatross while asking how Turtle is feeling. Turtle mentions that Albatross grew the entire pavilion before going completely insane, as proven in Darstalker (Legends).
Albatross's ghost mentioned, tormenting the SeaWing tribe. It was confirmed Darkstalker created the ghost to scare the SeaWings.
“An enchanted coconut will never miss, no matter how I dodge or try to block it. Go ahead and try.” -Albatross during the animus test that all SeaWings had to go through.
"Hmmm, yes, very interesting. This talon definitely has more power than that one." - Messing with Fathom in an animus training session
“You may be wondering why you’re still alive. Especially when your entire family is dead.” -To Fathom during the Royal SeaWing massacre.
"Bite her! Bite all of her claws off!"- His first animus enchantment
"No! Spears-"- His last words before Fathom's enchanted spears killed him, cut off by Indigo.
- A conch shell, enchanted to glow when someone lies.
- A fountain on the Island Palace (mentioned by Queen Lagoon).
- The Summer Palace.
- A knife controlled by him to kill his whole family.
- All the coconuts used to test 2 year old dragonets.
- An empty clamshell accidentally enchanted to bite off all of Princess Sapphire's claws.
- A vine used to strangle a seagull (unconfirmed, but likely).
Albatross wasn't happy when he found out that Fathom was an animus because with another SeaWing animus he wouldn't be the most important SeaWing. Albatross sarcastically says that he's proud of having another animus SeaWing. During the Royal SeaWing Massacre, Albatross said that he could kill Fathom with out being close to him but wanted to see him die.
His older sisters used to bully him when he was young. Albatross "accidentally" enchanted a clam to bite off Princess Sapphire claws when Sapphire tried to steal the clam he was playing with. Later, during the Royal SeaWing Massacre he killed his other sister.
- Albatross is confirmed to be of IceWing descent. This means that the entire royal SeaWing line, including Queen Coral, her sons, daughters, brothers, etc. is part IceWing.
- In the epilogue of Talons of Power, the ghost of Albatross appears to come back to haunt the SeaWings, but it is later revealed to be an enchantment by Darkstalker to scare them.
- An albatross is a very large sea bird resembling a seagull. It is noted to be one of the largest birds ever.
- Albatross is the first known animus SeaWing in ancient Pyrrhia.
- Tui said in a meeting that we might possibly get an Albatross Legends book sometime in the future
- Albatross is the sixth confirmed hybrid.
- Albatross is the second SeaWing known to be a hybrid, the first being Typhoon, as well as the second SeaWing and IceWing hybrid.
- He is the fifth hybrid of IceWing descent, the others being King Darkstalker, Whiteout, Princess Sunny, and Typhoon.
- Prince Albatross is related to Prince Arctic, Darkstalker, Sunny, Winter, Turtle, and Anemone because of his Animus Icewing decent. He is of Animus decent on his Icewing side because he was the first SeaWing Animus.
Present: Abalone • Flounder • Herring • Herring's Brother • Kelp • Lagoon • Nautilus • Pearl • Piranha • Riptide • Snapper • Squid • Tempest • Tortoise • Urchin • Webs • Whirlpool