| Spoiler Alert!|
This article contains plot details about the recently released book, Talons of Power. It would be best if you did not view this page until after reading the new installment.
Skyfire is a type of stone that made up the comet seen in The Brightest Night. When a dragon holds a piece of it, their minds and thoughts are shielded from being read by telepathic NightWings. For example, Moonwatcher and Darkstalker failed to read Turtle's and Onyx's mind since they carried a piece of the rock; instead, only being able to hear a low humming noise. If the skyfire rock is held in a mind-reading NightWing's talons, then the dragon cannot hear any others' thoughts, whether or not the mind they are trying to read is already shielded by a piece.
Onyx claimed she found her piece when it fell out of the sky, burning a hole through her mother's head, killing her. Onyx called it skyfire, and kept the piece that killed her mother in an amulet worn around her neck. Turtle found a large piece that crashed into the ocean when he was swimming with some of his brothers. A few smaller pieces had broken off, and he had a jeweler make a golden armband to place them in.
Near the end of Moon Rising, Moonwatcher asked Turtle to take some pieces of the skyfire off of his bracelet, and she then gave the rocks to Qibli and Kinkajou as a gift so that she couldn't read their minds, and so they could keep their thoughts private.
In Talons of Power, Anemone and Turtle both cast spells on Kinkajou's skyfire; a spell to heal her injuries, a spell to protect her from Darkstalker, and a spell to make Kinkajou love Turtle as much as he loved her.
- The rock "skyfire" is most likely referring to a meteorite known as tektite.
- Skyfire is also the name of a video gaming team, which, coincidentally, has an emblem representing a dragon.
- The rock itself is skyfire, but the comet is referred to as "the Orb in the Sky", or simply "The Orb" or "the comet".
- Skyfire may make a huge part in Darkness of Dragons, because it came from the Orb in the Sky, which also may be a big part in Book 10.
- The rock appears to have an evil sense as described by Moonwatcher.