Tamarin is now attending Jade Mountain Academy as part of the Gold winglet.
Tamarin is a kind and quiet dragon, although very determined, as seen in The Hidden Kingdom when she refused to let Glory down during their contest for the RainWing throne. Tamarin was born with blindness, but she never let her disability stop her from doing normal things. This mentality was kept later as well, after the explosion that had badly injured Tamarin; she recovered quickly, and refused to let her wounds stop her from attending classes or socializing with the other students at Jade Mountain Academy.
Tamarin has several scars from her early dragonethood as she learned to walk and fly without sight. Glory noted that she had odd, pale blue eyes and blue and gold scales. Even though Tamarin is a RainWing, she cannot change her scales on command, but they do change with her surroundings and emotions like the rest of her tribe.
Tamarin worked in the royal gardens, where she takes care of the flowers ruined year after year by Fruit Bat, who uses the flowers to try and make some perfume, much to her annoyance. She is completely blind, although her other senses have been sharpened because of it. She has memorized every section of the Rainforest Kingdom and can sense anything out of the necessarily ordinary, such as flowers. If she was told to change her scales to red, for instance, she would be unable to, but if she relaxes, then her scales can automatically change to the color around her. She also has exceptionally sharp hearing, and that helps because of her being blind. Tamarin's underbelly is scarred from previous attempts to learn how to navigate and fly blindly as a young dragonet. She also helped Starflight adjust to being blind after the events of The Dark Secret.
Tamarin was mentioned by her good friend Kinkajou when she was talking to Glory about the current queens. When she was picking her team to battle for the crown, Glory chose Tamarin (not knowing that she was blind) to join her team. Tamarin competed in the flower hunt for Glory during the challenge for the RainWing throne and won, defeating Fruit Bat, and making very good use of her excellent sense of smell, even when Glory doubted her skills. Tamarin nearly lost, as Fruit Bat was following her to the hidden flower, but Tamarin managed to grab the hidden red cinnamon orchid just in time.
Although she does not make a formal appearance in the book, she is mentioned to be helping Starflight adjust to flying with guidance and avoiding obstacles, for he becomes blind from lava that hit his eyes in The Dark Secret.
In the epilogue, Glory suggests that Tamarin, as well as Kinkajou, should be students at the Jade Mountain Academy because she needed a real teacher, not the "scraps of time" Glory had for them.
Tamarin is present when the Jade Winglet and Gold Winglet have history together. Kinkajou introduces Tamarin to Moonwatcher, and Tamarin introduces Kinkajou and Moon to Onyx. Later, Tamarin is accidentally injured by a dragonflame cactus, an explosive variety of cacti, set off by Sora, Clay's sibling. Clay takes Tamarin to one of the underground lakes with Onyx and Pike, and then she is brought to the medical wing to recover from her burns. Shortly after Sora tries to kill Icicle in the prey center, Sora goes to visit Tamarin, who is unconscious and wrapped in bandages from her wings to her tail. Moon, Umber, and Qibli arrive to see her crying beside Tamarin's bedside, apologizing for her injuries.
Tamarin is shown with Anemone and Pike when Turtle comes to warn them about Darkstalker. She anxiously asks about Kinkajou, to which Turtle responds with, "She was alive when I saw her last." Pike then shows some kindness to her. Then Anemone leaves, and Pike asks Turtle to walk her to the infirmary. Then when he leaves, Turtle tells Tamarin how Kinkajou is really doing. Tamarin then says she dislikes secret faces and knew that Turtle and Pike were making them. Then, Tamarin tells him she didn't know Anemone was an animus. After that, she shares her thoughts on animus power. When they get to a fork in the tunnel, she says she can do it on her own from there and limps off.
Tamarin is in the history cave (not the one blown up by Sora), and asks Qibli if he smells smoke. She also mentions that she can only smell smoke since the explosion. Tamarin is also one of the students requesting a history on Darkstalker to Webs in The History Cave. In the epilogue, Tamarin is also mentioned to be doing a presentation on Darkstalker's history with Pike and Fearless, and when Kinkajou tells Turtle that Anemone has a crush on her.
- A tamarin is a type of monkey of the genus Saguinus. The species is known for being quite friendly.
- Tamarin is the first known blind dragon in the series, the second being Starflight. So far, Tamarin is the only dragon that has been born blind, and the only blind dragon to compete against RainWing queens and win.
- She is one of the students who asked for an "Herbs & Healing" class at the school, along with Peregrine.
- Tamarin is the only dragon who was in the cave and survived the explosion in Moon Rising, but she obtained severe injuries.
- Tamarin used to have an acute sense of smell, as shown in The Hidden Kingdom when she found the flower only through smell.
- However, she explained to Qibli in Darkness of Dragons that since the explosion, she can only smell smoke. It is unknown if this is a permanent result of her injuries. If so, she'd be the first known dragon without a sense of smell.
- It's been confirmed that Anemone has a crush on Tamarin, though it's not known if she reciprocates or if she even acknowledges this fact.
- Tamarin's eyes are said to be light blue, most likely a sign of her being blind. In the book series Warriors (which Tui helped write), the character Jayfeather has blue eyes and was also born blind.