| Spoiler Alert!|
This article contains plot details about the recently released book, Darkness of Dragons. It would be best if you did not view this page until after reading the new installment.
When Clearsight is at Darkstalker's house, she notices he has a scroll titled "Myths of the Lost Continent". Later, after betraying and imprisoning Darkstalker, Clearsight decides to go and find it. It is shown in Clearsight's visions to have animals she hadn't seen before, as well as colorful dragons of unknown tribes as well as a new love and possibly different dragonets. Tui confirmed that Clearsight flew there.
In the epilogue of Darkness of Dragons, Qibli and Moonwatcher find the residence of Jerboa, a very old animus SandWing. She shows them a dragon who she is taking care of. Qibli notices that the dragon looks nothing like "normal" dragons. He believes the dragon is a hybrid until he realizes that the mysterious dragon has no features of any of the seven dragon tribes. Jerboa says this dragon is their first visitor from the Lost Continent.
- Pantala is a genus of dragonflies, matching Pyrrhia being a genus of moth.
- This could affect how the Pantala dragons look like and also raises a possibility of four-winged dragons.
- Tui mentioned once that the name of Pantala would have something to do with the tribes that live there, and it has recently been confirmed that the Pantalan tribes are based off of insects.
- It has been confirmed by Tui that the Lost Continent is called Pantala by its inhabitants. (Confirmed by Tui through the Scholastic forums.)
- Pantala, like Pyrrhia, will be in the shape of a dragon.
- It may be shaped like a new type of dragon.
- Tui has also stated that the arrival of Clearsight had a significant effect on the dragons that lived there. This impact is yet unknown.
- However, she did marry a dragon from Pantala, and we will meet one or more of her descendants.
- It is shown in Darkstalker (Legends) that Pantala was known to dragons of Pyrrhia back then, but it appears that knowledge surrounding it has been lost over the centuries.
- Tui has confirmed that Clearsight arriving at Pantala will be the prologue of Book 11, and it will feature new, unheard of tribes.
- The tribes that inhabit Pantala have the suffix -"Wings" at the end of their names, similar to the Dragons of Pyrrhia.
- Tui has confirmed that there will be no animus magic on Pantala. This is due to its extreme prevalence in the second arc.
- It has not yet been confirmed how many tribes inhabit Pantala, but Tui has said there might be anywhere from two to six, not seven.
- Tui has said the tribes aren't in a good situation and have bad relations amongst themselves, but not necessarily war.
- The purple-and-grey wing in Burn's collection was from a Pantalan dragon
- The tribes there have queens.
- Pantala has biomes that we haven't seen on Pyrrhia.
- Tui will release one tribe at a time on the scholastic forums.
- Moon and the Jade Winglet might go to Pantala.
- The Dragonets of Destiny will make an occasional appearance.
- Scavengers will probably play a role on Pantala.