Typhoon has striking cobalt-blue scales, with a white underbelly and dark black eyes. He has spikes around his neck like an IceWing, but also stripes under his wings like a SeaWing. He wears a snail-shell earring in his left ear.
After Qibli, Ostrich, and Qibli's mother, Cobra, escape from Vulture's compound, Qibli and the others travel across the Kingdom of Sand and arrive at their destination—Queen Thorn's Stronghold. After getting past two former SandWing Outclaws guarding the entrance to the stronghold, he goes alone to Thorn's tent. Thorn, Ex-Prince Smolder, and Typhoon are already there discussing a strange new illness that has plagued Possibility's IceWings. Typhoon realizes that the IceWing plague is not natural and states that at the same time, that every IceWing in Possibility started coughing blood. After Qibli asks, he tells Qibli that the sickness started three nights prior, around midnight—around the same time as Darkstalker 's escape. Typhoon says that his father is one of the most ill, and every IceWing has fallen to the sickness. They then conduct a plan in which Typhoon will go with enough of the earrings to heal all the IceWings in Possibility. From there, after the IceWings recovered, he would get help from other IceWings, and then send them to the north in attempt to heal the dragons in the Ice Kingdom. Later, this plan was proven successful. Qibli agrees that the plan is smart, but before they start to act, he asks Queen Thorn to arrest his mother for conspiracy against the queen. Typhoon then witnesses Qibli's attempt to force the protection earring onto Winter, who was one of the dragons most affected by Darkstalker's popularity spell. Later, when Qibli wakes up after Winter half-accidentally shot frostbreath onto Qibli's arm, they mention that Typhoon left for Possibility with the enchanted earrings that Qibli had left.
Typhoon seems to have a personality similar to Qibli, making small side jokes and having a generally similar tone of speech. He is concerned about both of his tribes deeply. He is quirky and enjoys cracking small jokes, but can become very serious if there are urgent matters, and jumps quickly into matters concerning either of his tribes, shown when he immediately takes action to spread Qibli's animus-resistance earrings throughout the entire IceWing tribe. Typhoon is also known to be sarcastically smart.
"Quite all right. I would never want to get in the way of urgent accessorizing." - Sarcastically to Qibli in Darkness of Dragons
"Three moons, you SandWings are a little intense about your jewelry" - To Qibli, when forcing Winter to wear a copy of his earring in Darkness of Dragons
"Yes. Apparently half IceWing is IceWing enough."- Typhoon to Thorn in Darkness of Dragons
- A typhoon is a synonym for tropical cyclone in the region of the Indian or Western Pacific Ocean, similar to a hurricane (which is in the Atlantic)
- The character Typhoon was created by Typhoonseawing, who had won the auction for the character to be in the book Darkness of Dragons.
- Typhoon is the fifth confirmed hybrid out of all six.
- Typhoon is the first SeaWing known to be a hybrid.
- Typhoon is presumably a former soldier.
- Typhoon mentions in Darkness of Dragons that he studied medicine and disease for two years.
- Despite only being half IceWing, Typhoon can still get over the Great Ice Cliff.
- Though Typhoon is half IceWing, he is not affected by the IceWing plague, possibly because Darkstalker, who created the disease, made sure that only IceWing hybrids and Jade Mountain Academy students were unaffected by the plague.
Present: Abalone • Flounder • Herring • Herring's Brother • Kelp • Lagoon • Nautilus • Pearl • Piranha • Riptide • Snapper • Squid • Tempest • Tortoise • Urchin • Webs • Whirlpool